The results are in from the ETSA survey for ITEC 2018 and below is a summary of the main points made in the individual responses:
ETSA has shared the results with Clarion, the organisers of ITEC, to try to ensure that future events better meet the needs and wishes of our MS&T community.
The following observations are the main points made by your fellow Members. Please note that these comments are attributable to the contributing individuals and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of ETSA and its affiliates.
In accordance with the ETSA GDPR Charter, to maintain confidentiality, the specific written responses are not given here; but will be discussed, on behalf of the community, with Clarion.
GENERAL POINTS FROM THE STATISTICS
- Most respondents were exhibitors, followed by visitors
- The rating for the event as a whole was Good to Fair
- But the majority would not recommend the event to colleagues
- Most individuals thought the event was significantly worse than previous ITEC events
- There were mixed reactions to Stuttgart as a host city, but many did not like the inconvenience of the walk into the Messe
- Most people liked the food and drink for the Networking evening, but many thought that it was expensive
- Many were disappointed that the Networking evening was not held at a place of interest, such as a museum, as in previous years
- Most people thought the ITEC 2018 website was a great improvement over previous years.
SPECIFIC COMMON POINTS FROM WRITTEN ANSWERS
- Feelings are that the event is getting smaller with fewer exhibitors; combined with less footfall, it is hence less efficacious
- Many respondents commented on the lack of military attendees
- Many respondents would still prefer a fixed location and find the rotating venues to be counter-productive and hamper planning and logistics
- The favoured location for the event is London
- Wherever located, it should be better placed beside either the military Customer and/or centres of simulation Industry
- Individuals want the host city to; be at a major airline hub, have good restaurants, culture, historical interest and more inexpensive hotels near the event
- Exhibitors find the event too expensive and find it difficult to justify the expense with a questionable return on investment
- Exhibitors, especially SME’s, question the value for money and would like better provision made for them
- Catering at the Messe was very limited, costly and inefficient.
If you wish to see the summarised data and trends, please click here:
If you wish to compare with last year’s results, please go to: http://www.etsa.eu/itec-2017-survey-results/