In Orlando at the end of I/ITSEC week ETSA organised, in collaboration with Orlando Economic Partnership (OEP), and with the support of Enterprise Florida, a workshop on the Simulation Cluster in Florida and the business and investment opportunities in Orlando.
The event was hosted by OEP and held at the Ritz-Carlton, Grande Lakes.
The agenda, which covered all the major areas required to get a ‘Simulation Cluster 101’ appreciation of the capabilities already within the area, setting up an operation in Orlando and doing business with the US Military, was put together by William Parsons and his colleagues at OEP. William and the OEP team, including Casey Barnes, Habeel Gazi and Amy Dinsmore, pulled together a star-studded cast to present and discuss the following topics:
- Florida Business: Katie Hogan, Enterprise Florida
- Trade: Chris Leggett, Central Florida International Trade Office
- Legal & Accounting: Tom Raleigh, Akerman Law
- Real Estate: Richard Solik, Colliers International
- Workforce: Raphael Camacho, CareerSource Central Florida
- Academic Programs: Paul Wiegand, University of Central Florida
- Technical/Vocational Programs: Mike Kepner, Valencia College
- Incubator Programs: CarolAnn Dykes, University of Central Florida
- Simulation in Central Florida: George Cheros, National Center for Simulation
- Simulation in Central Florida: Neil Finkelstein, National Center for Simulation
- Interacting with the Military: Bill Reuter, R-Squared Solutions
The ETSA members’ representatives and invited guests all agreed that the event covered all the right topics and gave just the right information for an introductory session.
Plans are already underway for a repeat / follow-on event for 2020 for those companies who couldn’t make it this year. We will give as much notice as possible next year, so that you can make appropriate travel & other arrangements to allow attendance.
I would like to personally thank William for his professionalism and enthusiasm in pulling together such a valuable event.